POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Render to DV Tape?? : Re: Render to DV Tape?? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 14:24:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Render to DV Tape??
From: Jon A  Cruz
Date: 12 Jan 2000 00:29:17
Message: <387C11FF.8DC061C9@geocities.com>
Richard Brooks wrote:

> I'm using POV animation features MUCH more than in the past and want to
> be able to render to directly to DV tape.
>
> In RENDER OPTIONS, provide RENDER TO DV option. Allowing user to select DV
> device (ieee 1394 connection), select format (NTSC, PAL, etc), and number of
> tape
> frames per renedered image).
>
> Image (or animation) would be rendered normally with resulting window output
> DV device upon completion.
>
> There are several programs out for 3D Studio Max that do this (although they
> use LANC
> or RS-232 controlled frame accurate VCRs). The programming should not be too
> difficult
> if the Windows 2000 DirectShow APIs are used.
>
> This would yield crisp, clean, uncompressed animations without the need for
> CMPEG,
> Priemere, etc.
>
> Any ideas? Foreseeable problems? Comments?
>
> PS: Source code help would be a great boost! Iv'e been out of C programming
> for a while!!

Maybe an external program. A post-render step thing, or such.

Send me a DV output device and I'll help.  :-)

(Seriously, I've programmed this in the past with different pro hardware, but
that was at the time that 3DS was still R3, and not Max)

--
"My new computer's got the clocks, it rocks
But it was obsolete before I opened the box" - W.A.Y.